Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Darts for art

I was going to do one of those list things. Films, i thought, that's what i'll do.

Well there's Aliens, in which Sigourney W makes both a promise to a child and a dead-exciting film.

Then there's Blade Runner, best watched while eating Ben & Jerry's Phish Food and drinking Gold Label Lanson. And err, that's it.

Oh, I could run off a few Euro oldies .... The Fireman's Ball (was that Milos Forman?) and stuff like that. But I haven't seen them in years. And then I thought, 'why not?'

I mean, when I was a little lad they used to play them all the time on BBC2. French, Italian, Czech, Japanese films. They ran the mesmerising Strike by Eisenstien which made a huge impresion on me - and the whole of Ivan the Terrible. Yep, BBC2 showed the whole thing.

But now, not a jot. What happened? Squeezed out of the schedules by darts and estate agents?



No comments: