Friday, April 9, 2010

A lovely day





I have a theory.

When the human race first put its foot out of Africa it headed for Connemara. For a summer break perhaps.

Or soup and toastie.

Or maybe it got lost, found itself in Killarney, got fed up of all the coaches, gave Kerry a miss, came across on the Tarbert ferry, had a bowl of stew in Doolin and then ... and then ..

Not much of a theory and i know it kind of misses out a few million years - and a couple of all-important ice ages.

Richard Leakey would pick holes in my theory but in my view it has romance and a spiritual truth. And that's important.

There is, of course, some evidence. I didn't just make it up out of thin air. Take for example the ancient megalithic tractors that still litter the landscape. Not exactly Lucy I know. But rust is rust.




No comments: